Monday, January 29, 2007

Ideas...

Here are tonight's ideas:


Fabric architecture as the "peel" weaving up the core space, signifying what is different, what is creative. Images projected onto the fabric for the display of creative works from the creative area. This way the creative area overtakes and owns the "apple" space.

To further highlight the different quality of this creative display, this peel of presentation; a strong, continuous color could be given to the fabric as it moves through the white apple space.

2 comments:

Paul Garland said...

Anne, I like the idea about the fabric, it will continue to project a subtle interior apple shape without smacking you in the face. Also, with the color, maybe they can be located near ar diffusers cause them to move and resemble the current apple commercial campaign (Ipod nano and the streaking colors)

Ellie said...

I think this is a good start to indentifying the element. But as my comment in your previous post - I wonder if it is too large? I can see this "peel" occupying a large portion of the Apple volume. The focus of this effort should not be on designing the entire shape/form of the peel, but perhaps how the peel connects to the balcony, etc. That puts the concept at a tangible scale and allows you to consider not only the materiality of the peel and its connection to another surface, but the materiality and detailing of the balcony edge.

Thoughts?